Ewest

Most people measure dirt in cubic yards. Your 33,035 cubic feet is equal to 1,223.5 cubic yards.

I don't know how much dirt a small hundred horse dozer can move, but in the D6, 160 to 170 hp class machines, you can either move 3 yards with a 6 way blade like I have, or you can move 7 yards with a straight blade like Brettski used.

Obviously you'll want the straight blade for is maximum dirt moving ability. The advantage to my blade is I can grade roads and shape dirt better than a straight blade.

Figure that each load will take ten minutes round trip, or 42 yards an hour. Thats gonna put you close to 30 hours of work.

Most machines of this size hire out from $75 to $100 an hour. I'd feel safe saying it will run you close to $3,000 to move that dirt in dry conditions.

If the dozer can do it faster, or more than 6 round trips an hour, it will be cheaper. A larger dozer will do it faster, but the hourly rate will increase too.

Smaller dozers are lucky to move a yard of dirt per load. Most smaller machines don't have straight blades and like mine, are designed to spread dirt. They won't be significantly faster per round trip, but to give them the benifit of the doubt, lets pretend one will make 7 trips per hour and move 1.5 yards of dirt. That's just 10.5 yards an hour, or 116.5 hours. Figure $50 an hour for the smaller machine and it's $5,820 for the same job.

Just like fishing, most people tend to over estimate how much dirt they've moved, or under estimate how much they need to move.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.