Quote:
Originally posted by Brettski:
Say it ain't so, Theo! There's no way that Grandma Gallus, Queen of the church bazaar and ice cream social, could possibly have any connection to a trailer park block party in Texas! Nope, and don't crush all that is good and wholesome with the insinuation that Grannie G. even considered throwing bread crumbs to doves. OMG, it just hit me....please, please don't let her nickname be Roy or Oscar! \:o
:D Brettski, for as many years as they were able, Grannie G., her 7 siblings (from Baptist parents), their spouses, and many offspring, got together every Saturday night to drink, smoke, eat, and gamble. At an early age, I learned 1) excessive smoking makes me nauseous, 2) never mix bourbon and scotch, 3) never bet money you can't afford to lose, 4) how and when to double down, 5) you can always count on your Euchre partner for one trick, but not if it's Uncle Ellis, and 6) the importance of either wearing proper support undergarments or tucking your shirt in.

She was a grand old dame, and I miss her very much.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]