Sunil asked me:
 Quote:
Brettski, just out of curiosity, have you met any of the neighbors yet?
...segments of my reply:
 Quote:
Yes. I went out of my way to introduce myself and let them know what was going on in the woods behind each of them. I did this right about this time last year as we entered hunting season....... There are 2 younger families that I have the closest relationship with. They border each side of my long entrance lane........I have encouraged both, as friends, to take a look now and then at our progress.......already told me that he caught the brother-in-law of the previous owner walking back thru my drive and into the main block of woods. He said that he got on his golf cart and shagged him off.
-
-
When we visited the project yesterday, one of the above noted neighbors (golf cart story) followed us in to the pondsite. He is a nice young guy, just starting his family. He got out of his truck, smiled, and shook his head saying he's gonna have a hard time keeping the hunters off of our property. He said he came back after the last heavy rain to see how the pond was doing and saw a couple guys in the woods, hunting. He headed in their direction, they hi-tailed, ran across the harvested cornfield, and ripped off in their PU truck. This happened twice; similar circumstance. He said the above noted in-law of the prev owner still drives by reeeaaal slow, but won't stop.
This same neighbor has a near 2 year old boy with more on the way. He said he is thankful that we won't and don't allow hunting on our property because it is surrounded on a couple of sides with private residences on smaller 8 - 10 ac parcels. He appreciates the idea of no whizzing slugs or arrows comin' out of the woods. (I hoped so...hope the other neighbors feel the same...?) He noted something else that I had not considered. He also hunts a little and has a stand set up on his property. He doesn't want poachers mowing down the prey on my property before it migrates toward him; makes sense.
I like this guy and believe him. We discuss and share our postures and they seem to strike the same chord. I feel a little better knowing this.