Quote:
Originally posted by jeffhasapond:

George - I've been researching methods of transportation. I have a trailer and I am looking at buying some kind of tank that I could fasten to the trailer and then use a battery powered aeration system. The fish would have to survive a 9 hour drive from So Cal or if I can get them in central Cal (Bakersfield perhaps) then it would be about 5 hours. Do you think they would survive something like that?

If I resort to something like that Dave I'll let you know in advance. That way if you want some fish I can bring them up with me.
jeffhasapond, a battery powered bubble aeration system will work OK, which I have used for short hauls in the past, but I am more comfortable with an oxygen system.

A small 20 cu. Ft. oxygen cylinder is only 16 inches tall and has a 20 cu. ft. capacity.
A Point-Four ultra fine pore diffuser, available from Aquatic Eco-Systems, delivers 1.6 cu ft/hr, which should be more than adequate for your 9-hour haul.

I use mine in a 68 quart cooler for live well use, and in a 102 quart cooler for fish transport.

I would check with Todd Overton for further information.
Hope this helps.