Eastland, I have mixed emotions, philosophically, about your post. My first thought recalls an environmemtal saying I have heard that we all live downstream from someone. It mostly concerns pollution. We should all be considerate of others and it's sometimes hard to figure out where my rights end and your nose begins.

However, about 200 yds. below my main pond, a neighbor has a 1/10 acre pond that he stocks only with CC. He feeds them to satiation and doesn't want anything else in there. He fills it from a well and has named the fish. Due to their breeding habits, he wants no BG or other fish of any kind. However, I have stocked BG, RES, bass and CC. Green sunfish are also present. On the one time that I have ever overflowed, we found small BG and greenies below the dam and we know that they made it to his water. To his way of thinking, I have polluted his pond. If I stocked tilapia and had an over flow, it would understandably get him bent out of shape. In my arid area, with varying water levels, an upstream neighbor stocking tilapia could be ruinous to my biomass. Fortunately, my neighbor understands that I can and will do as I please on my land.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP