Here's my two cents. I have used several different microbial products over the years. My main mission was to use them to manage algae. As I did some consumer research years ago, it seems suppliers were high on their product and secretive about how it works. At the time bacteria began to become popular, it was a staple in sewer treatment plants. So, the timing was good to shift the usage into small ponds, as they became nutrient loaded. But, I could not get a single company to tell me any technical information about their product. They acted as though the ingredients are proprietary. I believe that's the main reason we look at microbial products with open eyes. With that said, I have come across several products that I firmly believe play a positive role in helping compost organic matter in the bottom of ponds. But, they work best with aeration in place. There are several of those products advertised in Pond Boss. And, the March/April issue has a new one, an interesting man from California who has a long standing reputation as a pond manager and aquaculture consultant who has a product he has used for years.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...