Update on my water level. It's been a week since I last checked it and the yardsick said I was at 7 1/2 inches low. Today is says I'm 8 1/2 inches down for a loss of one inch of water in one week.

That doesn't sound too bad to me. No measurable rain, but temps were in the 60's early in the week and now they are in the 40's. We might be getting a thunderstorm tomorrow, so I'm hoping for runoff, but no biggy. I'm feeling pretty good about it not leaking and holding water.

Last night after Steph got home and it was still light out, we went for a walk down to the lake. There were ducks flying all around and several small flocks landed. We were very exited and tried to sneake up for pictures. The close we got, the more we saw. There were at least 30 wood ducks in the pond with several on the shoreline running around. There were two to three flocks flying over head. Then the ones in the water would take off in groups of five and six, but others would land of similar size.

We have no idea how many ducks were out there, but we never expected anything like that!!! Before, we'd kick up a pair or two pairs from the creek and sort of expected to see similar numbers in the lake.

This is so cool!!!!

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.