Bill, thanks again for thinking of me and sharing this site. There seems to be some GREAT INFO here!

My issue now is getting a contractor that wants to work. I have had 3 different contractors from the Sparta Georgia aera, come out, walk the peremiters of the water line and so far none have come back with any kind of a quote. It's been going on 3 weeks now. I have already ordered fish to be here in October and I have to get something going on!

Any Georgia lake builders here from around Milledgeville Georgia aera (Sparta, Ga). I have an estimated construction cost given to me by the NRCS, but I whited out all that info in the copies of design I gave to the potential contractors to see where their construction costs came in. So far none have gotten back to me. I am ready to push dirt as soon as the Corps approves the permit!

According to the design by the NRCS we have about 77 acres of drainage coming to the 2.85 acer lake as well as an upper end good spring head that comes up out of the ground in several aeras up site that flows downward to where the lake will be built. I was amazed when the NRCS told me I would potentialy lose 1" of water per acer per day to evaporation. Once we get the lake built and some good rains to fill, I'm hoping the spring feed up stream will account for evaporation drop should we continue with this drought. I still need to check the GPM on the spring lead in to know what I truely am getting from up site.

early riser

private property owner, wildlife manager.