From here at Pond Boss world headquarters (well, a mile from Pond Boss world headquarters) I want to personally wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
As we celebrate the birth of Jesus and spend time with family, I also want to take a minute this morning and let everyone on this forum know how appreciative I am of each one of you. You are a class group. The amount of knowledge is amazing. The camaraderie is even more impressive. We are family.
Years ago, I answered every question and read every post. Then, guys like Cecil and Bill Cody jumped in. Back then, all the posts were business...pond business, that is. As the forum grew, we started getting more gurus from different aspects of pond management, guys like Kelly Duffie, plant expert. Then, the diversity showed up. Pottsy, from Canada, told the guys on the forum that some ponds are actually frozen longer than thawed. That blew some people's minds. Ideas grew, people used them, and the forum expanded into several different disciplines of thought...and most of the time people were civil to each other.
Then, the forum grew to the point where I wasn't needed to answer questions. We had enough folks with expertise in the different areas that my answers weren't necessary. Shoot, it got to the point that my answers weren't as thorough as yours. Great stuff!
Then, long time passionate pondmeisters like Dave, Bruce, Eric and Theo were on the site every ten minutes. Why not make them the policemen? They were invited to become moderators....and do an outstanding job at it, I might add.
We have nuclear physicists, engineers, physicians, dentists, attorneys, microbiologists, realtors....many well educated professional people who participate in the forum. My hat's off to all of you. You are compassionate, caring, thoughtful people. Yes, we have plenty of cynics (I happen to like cynics) and more than a handful of comedians (Brettski).
Now, I have become more of a lurker than a participant. With limited time, and less of a need, I don't answer as much. And, I don't read every post any more.
But, I deeply appreciate everyone on the Pond Boss forum and the passion with which you love your families, your land and your water.
So, from my family, to our Pond Boss family, the princess Debbie and I wish all you the most Merry Christmas and Happy New Year possible.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...