Quote:
You may call it progress to race all over a lake with 200 hp engines and every electronic device available to aid in catching every dink possible to make your weight higher. I don't. That is a personal choice. Competition in fishing should be between the fisher and the fish not among the fishers. Again, that's just my personal opinion
ML, those 21ft bass boats with 250 HP motors are not big enough on lakes like Lake of the Ozarks after Memorial day. There are simply just too many 30-40 ft pleasure boats running around putting out 4 and 5ft high boat wakes that make running a bass boat that size very hazardous on the weekends. I don't know if you have ever heard of Party Cove down at Lake of the Ozarks, during the summer there is an average of 4000 plus large pleasure boats partying in that cove on any given Friday or Saturday night. I know this because one of the guys in my club has a summer house on Lake of the Ozarks. On the fourth of July there are usually 70,000 boats on the water down there. IMO, a large money tournament with 200 contestents and 100 boats on a lake that size does not have any significant impact on others. ;\)