Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Young:
Cecil, click on the link in the first post to see the picture I was referring to. Not a bad trout, eh? I'm willing to bet that if a mink started pulling trout out of your ponds like that one, your neighbors would soon be wondering why that strange man is chasing those skinny little brown cats on to the highway in his underwear.

Great story Ranger would like to have that one on film.

I'm torn on whether to eliminate the mink. We'd like to have some nesting waterfowl but they will certainly discourage that from happening. The potential fish damage and the fact that my lab almost had a face full of mink the other day makes it too easy of a decision to eliminate them.

Let's see, I've relocated a half dozen large snappers, discouraged a few blue heron and now the mink. Seems like this wildlife habitat project is working just fine except for the fact that the uninvited guests keep showing up.

I was at the dentist yesterday who is a friend of mine and a knowledgeable outdoorsman. He asked me if I had heard about the cougar sitings. He said that there have been two cougar sitings in my area this fall, one by a friend of his who claims to have seen a cat from 25 yards. Don't know if its legit but I can say that it makes a guy check out the tops of the sand piles a little more carefully when walking past. Mink schmink.
Steve,

If you're talking about the size of thet trout well... I plant browns that large. :p

Interesting about the cougars. I am seeing reports of cougars in other parts of the country on a taxidermy site I frequent. You have to wonder if someone is getting them from exotic breeders and planting them. I can't see them migrating.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.