Ok, here's my thoughts:

I think GG should be evaluated in multiple ways. To be fair AND INCLUSIVE, one of these should be iaw the traditional Ken Holyoak recommendations which I assume is what Deb is working toward for Gator's 75'x75' pond. I think someone already issued the skeptic's warning "If we don't do it by the book, they would cite this as the reason for any failure."

(Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, if you like the shoes, keep them. What's he gonna do about it, a mile back and barefoot? :p )

How have we proved anything about the "classic" GG stocking strategy unless we see it from a source we consider reliable? Where else are we going to get the complete skinny on it? If Gator is willing to do this (and ML is right, it's Gator's choice), I want to know the results. Maybe it'll work better than we expect. Heck, maybe it'll work as advertised. If not, Gator will have earned the Pond Boss Medal of Honor (you're not allowed to do that posthumously, Gator, except for dead fish) by having thrown himself on a live huckster to save his comrades. What greater sacrifice can a Pondmeister make?

I also want to see GG evaluated in a manner like we would treat hybrid sunfish in general (I think ML is leaning towards this), because that's where I really want to see it's potential. That's what we really know about it - it's a hybrid sunfish. I can accept a proprietary blend of genes. What will it really do if stocked in more conventional numbers (without other bream; most of the time I think it's a mistake to mix hybrid and non-hybrid BG) in a small pond with sufficient predators to eliminate the F2 and subsequent offspring? Yes, GG are for put-and-take - so are HSB, CC, trout, Smallmouths, etc. in most or all situations. Put-and-take species are tools that we can use if we understand them and want what they can do for us.

Deb has not (unless I missed it) claimed a tenth of what she has been blamed for. The only possibly crazy claim she has really made (and to be completely honest, it's one BIG claim and I think it's a bunch of hooey) is that GG will perform as advertised if stocked as advertised. I hope Gator (or someone with a good reputation here) will find out for us.

Bill:

I don't know either how Deb can pay you back for the education you are providing her. When I manage to pay you back for everything you've taught me, we'll let her know what method of reimbursement to use.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]