If you don't mind (and if it is not much expense to you) lets test both ways. Send me a sample and have one done locally. I say this mostly for selfish reasons I admit, but I am also wanting to learn through this experiment. I have stated almost like a broken record that the water chemistry thing is not my specialty so I would like to see what the differences (if any) would be, and what their suggestions are.

Our feed is a special formula that we have made and is not sold anywhere else. I could ship some to you by UPS but the shipping alone would run about $16.00 per bag with the feed being $17.95 per bag (50 lbs). We are in the process of adding a tandeum axle to our truck so that we can carry more weight, but I don't think this will be finalized before next year. Our floating feed is 38%protein/22%fish meal, so just get as close to that as possible. Our sinking pellet is 45% protein. Get as close to this as possible.

Don't put the dye in a new pond because you will limit the natural "chain of events" over the next several months. If you do opt to go with it, wait until mid to late spring to prevent excess algae and vegetation growth.

Deb

Do fish actually kiss?