Hey there,

If my figures are correct, that would give you a little over a 1/10 acre pond. This would be an ideal size to experiment on as you can keep up with everyday activity easier. The following is what I would recommend for the testing. The numbers will sound high to everyone on board, but if you want to do a true trial...

1. aeration is a must for a pond that size with the figures I am going to give you. We offer a surface unit that pulls from 4 feet deep and circulates 1/2 million gallons a day for an upfront cost of $648.95, then about $1.37 per day to run (if you run 24 hours 7 days), but there are alot of other good units on the market.
2. Stock 250-300 GG. 1-2" would cost .39 each, or 3-4" would cost .50 each.
3. Stock 50-75 HSB (smallmouth) for a predator. These are sterile so overstocking should not be an issue. They will control the Fx offspring allowing the F-1's to max. out in size.
4. Stock about 1000 gambusia minnows if you have the access to them. They spawn about every 28 days, give live birth, are an excellent source of food for the giants, and control mosquito populations around the pond.
5. Dye the water in the spring and summer months leaving an 18-24 inch visibility for plankton growth.
6. Stock a grass carp or two in the spring also to reduce excess vegetation.
7. If you do have the power source for the aerator, try a Bug-O-Matic for about $129.95. This does not kill the insects, but wounds them (knocks off an arm, leg, or head) so they are still moving when they hit the water. Both the GG and the HSB love this.
8. Supplement with a high protein feed every day during the summer (floating pellet), then every 2-3 days during the winter (sinking pellet).
9. Most importantly keep check every few months on water quality. Alot of people don't realize or accept that ammonia kills happen every day. The aerator above should eliminate that, but you can't be too cautious.

I will deliver for free and help out with anything else I can slide by Ken for the experiment. With the above stated items (not counting every day electricity), you should fall under $1,500.00 over a two year period.

I know everyone is saying right now that these numbers sound extremely high, but if an experiment is to be done based on our recommendations for high yield (not just the everyday pond), this is the plan to follow. Maintenance is to be expected with these numbers mind you, but the benefits will be great.

I am looking forward to this,

Deb

Lord I forgot to mention GET RID OF THE CURRENT RESIDENTS PLEASE!!!

Do fish actually kiss?