No sir, they do not turn into anything but degenerated GG's. Not bluegill, not a green sunfish, and not the lochness monster :p (threw that last one in for effect). A point I forgot to mention earlier about my talk with Ken was the fact that he had 12-13 experimental ponds running at one time (decades ago) trying to grow a monster bream. The GG is made up of several different fish. I even joked to a client/friend today that I suspected there was a wee bit of piranha in the mix due to the highly aggressive nature (Ken does have a petrified one on his desk that he got while doing research along the Amazon).
The slides I pulled today were of GG's in the 1-3 lb range that were 1-4 years old. Wal-Mart is converting these slides to pics so that I can post them here. These pics will be more in line with what should be expected from the GG. Bill stated that "Bubba" (again thanks for the name Bruce) was a once in a lifetime fish. He was correct in that, but I think Ken has an offer in our newest catalog of like $10K to anyone who can get a 6 pounder (get the fish aquariums out of your minds boys). That is Ken though, always trying to improve on an existing product.
See you all in the morning with some nice photos!

Deb

Do fish actually kiss?