Burgermeister, Most hybridization is caused by intervention of homosapiens- not by evolution.
Yes, there are alot of the Hybrids that have faster growth rates than the pure strain BG, but that wasn't my main arguement. With a predator base as high as reccomended in their stocking rates, there will be little or no recruitment of juvenile GG to adulthood. With little or no competition from offspring GG growth rates would be fast. If you put pure strain BG in the same situation, the same results would happen.
I talked to a fisheries bioligist (who works for the state to help pond owners correct problems with their ponds ) a few months ago about some of the various problems he runs into in his line of work. He told me the top three problems are.....

Over stocking of ponds resulting in stunted populations and usually fish kills.

Over stocking of CC or introduction of bullhead or rough fish causing muddy water, which inturn can lead to a stunted population of forage fish/skinny Predator fish ( predator fish can't see to eat )and/or DO crash resulting in a fish kill.

And lastly stocking of hybrid sunfish to replace typical pure strain forage fish. As we all know most hybrids have little or no reproduction, at least not enough to sustain a healthy population of predator fish. This point does not appear to apply to the GG, if reprodution is as stated.

I'll start treating my wife as good as my dog when she starts retrieving ducks.
http://geocities.com/h20fwlkillr/