All good suggestions from everyone. However, looking at all the possibilities and options that I, and most everyone I'm sure, will want Cecil you are going to have a massive project on your wife's hands.

Basically if you have:
Say 4 regions for different records
Approx 20 species of fish
Recording top 3 fish in each category
Separate catch/release data

Then you have a maximum of 480 records and a minimum of 120 records you have to sort and archive. That's a little unrealistic considering alot of the records will be repeated somewhere. So say around 150-200 for practicle reasons. That a lot of data entry not to mention the task of individually going through each submission to verify it is accurate.

I attempted to put a page together a few months ago and encountered all these things. I realized it was way too much for one person. That's why I thought Cecil's wife may need some help.

I think in order to be practicle to both the viewers of the new site and to those who moderate it, a database would have to be setup. Cecil, does your wife have any experience with MySQL or any another databases? I know I don't, mostly because I have never had the capability to - one of the many other downsides of free hosting.

Once again it reverts back to the goal of the 'owner'. Complex site with many options, details, pictures, etc or a simpler site that doesn't require as much initial work.