Quote:
Originally posted by Ric Swaim:
ML,
would you recommend radical untested changes...I would never advocate to the masses my ideas are better than the status quo or the tried & true .
Ric,

Perhaps I have not communicated very well. Indeed it is clear I have not.

I did not realize that anyone would see this thread as recommending radical untested changes for the masses. The thread title is in the form of a question. A question generally means the one asking does not know the answer.

My discussions, with ewest in particular, have been about ideas and concepts and experiments and variables and ways to get more information on the table.

I honestly thought this thread was about ideas which need to be tested, about experiments that we could do to improve our knowledge base.

For some reason, which is probably my fault, you and Greg previously have latched on to the thought that I'm recommending new radical untested approachs for the masses. That is not the case. I seek knowledge. I seek answers to questions. I search for ways to improve my ponds and my own knowledge of them and the creatures that use them.

If we must limit our discussions to the tried and true as defined by you or anyone for that matter, then I have totally misunderstood this Forum.

I thought that part of this Forum was a place where new ideas could be discussed, tried out, debated and reported on without personal criticism. I thought that it was understood that an experiment was just that and a hypothesis was an unproven concept.

I would like to have inputs from other forum members on this matter. If indeed tried and true are the limits of discussion, then I will abide by those wishes.

If indeed other Forum members see these expressions of experiments and concepts as advocating radical untested changes to the masses, then I will refrain from discussing them in the future.

In fact, since I do not fully know what is "tried and true" in this regard, I will refrain from posting at all and defer to those who do indeed know what is "tried and true".