Originally Posted by gehajake
I dont think the big, old, smart ones will hit a feeder out in the open very much, Might make a little difference if they been feeding at it since they were born.

Getting them out in the open is pretty hard but my theory is, if you have the does, the bucks will be there, and when they are in full rut, with competition from other bucks, they tend to do stuff that they would not normally do, I think that's how most of them get killed.

I did get a pretty decent ten yesterday but he was stuck in the woods, thick stuff, would not come out, had two eights and a nine that were out in the green field with twenty does and young stock at the time, and thats actually how I seen this one, the nine point all of a sudden got all stiff and puffed up and was staring into the woods just behind my stand, then I was able to make him out in the thick stuff. smart old booger.

I’d like to see a picture of that old guy. Sounds like your deer population is in pretty good shape.

We saw this guy several times on the cameras. But haven’t seen him since we started hunting.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by SetterGuy; 11/19/23 06:46 PM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023