Originally Posted by Angler8689
I haven't done the spoils math yet because we haven't decided on a final size of the pond yet (depending on final cost, right now looking at 1.0-1.5 acres). But I do know we have about 1/2 acre of land that wraps around a side of the pond that needs to be raised up about 6 feet, and another 1/2 acre of land around another part of the pond that needs to be raised up about 3 feet.

This area of our property is real wet in the spring, so we're trying to make a high and dry spot for each of us to put up a mini cabin. And directly behind these spots we have about a 2 acre clearing that we'd love to add more dirt to as well. I know the closer to the pond the better, so that would be a last resort.

I wish we could sell our sand, but due to the old township dump on our property, the entire parcel (160 acres) is currently considered "contaminated", so no dirt is allowed be taken off the property.

re: adding dirt. If you want stuff to grow on it. use a bulldozer, scrape off the top 2'-3' of soil (before you hit the sand) stockpile it, spread out the pond dirt, put the topsoil back on top. That's the only way you will be able to grow on it.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).