Mostly green sunfish. It originates about 100 yards from my fence line and dumps into a public lake, Amon Carter, about 10 miles downstream. It had fish when I bought the place about 40 years ago. But, I tossed in some BG, cats and LMB. That worked for a long time until we had a 4 year drought that dried up the springs and the creek.

Since then, it has run due to the springs getting refreshed. Not sure how that happens. It taught me that a lot of fish go upstream in a flood. I have, over the years found fish, like gar and a huge cat, that was too big to have been stocked by me or from upstream.

I learned something else there. I stocked some bass minnows along with fatheads and BG as an experiment. I was watching a couple of them that were side by side and about 1.5 inches long. Suddenly, one’s tail was sticking out of the other ones mouth. It swam off so no idea how it digested it or what happened to that little bass.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP