FishinRod - Pond and wetland dropped just below the surface connection level so I assume that they were connected subsurface since the exposed surface in between was loose mud. I just thought of warmouth since I think that I can catch them in another one of my wetlands that gets inflow from a stream during very high flooding (maybe every 5-10 years). My neighbor identified the warmouth quite a few years back when he caught a bunch, and now that I know how to tell them apart from green sunfish, I think that if they are still in there, I'll know the difference. Of course, maybe they were not warmouth originally. Not really sure what part of the food chain they might end up being (if I can catch some). That is part of why I made the original post to see what ideas folks might come up with. Getting some of these less common hatchery fish is quite a challenge. Still have found no source for pumpkinseed either. Fun to think about during the cold weather... Got a call from a friend saying a mutual acquaintance just dug a 2 acre pond and is looking for stocking advice. Thanks to this forum, I think I can help him with either LMB/BG or SMB/YP recommendations (after he gets some FHM going). He might also want CC in a LMB pond and could consider GSH in a SMB pond. I have been very happy with the results of these 2 pond types on my place. Not overstocking is probably the best advice I had to learn.