Originally Posted by ewest
See if the rain breaks it up. Surface agitation will often get rid of it for a while. With cooler weather it should dissipate. Do you get water runoff from fertilized fields around you?

Both of the soybean fields drain off into the pond. Both were fertilized, (and a weed killer was applied) right before the big rain I mentioned earlier.
The orange and green surface pollen disappeared with the rain. The slimy surface scum that had the trapped bubbles is still there. It apparently is ok for fish, because small groups of GSH fry are staying in it. They are feeding on something on the surface. It’s weird, they are spread out in groups all around this surface bubbling slime. I’m hoping it goes away fairly soon. It’s just not very appealing for swimming. Although these cooler temps (50s tonight) are going to turn off the swimming season.
Hopefully I’ll get some fishing in this week while I’m putting in food plots and fixing up deer stands.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023