Quote:
Originally posted by AaronhomeIN:
I went from a 20" or so bloom to a tea brown color in a few days and was concerned. A few days later I had CRYSTAL clear water and 4'-5' visibility. I have not seen any unusual plant growth. This is the first year for me using diffused aeration instead of surface aeration. I also used sonar to combat the heavy growth of duckweed and watermeal this year. My fish seem to be alot more lively after the clear water onset. I don't mean to ramble on on the subject but thought maybe you might have used or done one or a few of the same things I did to cause the clear water. Maybe someone will jump in and tell us both. I am on the other side of the country from you but may be experiencing the same problems. Good luck
Aaron,

I do know what you describe is a symptom of an algae crash. Sounds like your's was not severe enough to cause a fish kill.

Clear water is nice but there is a downside to it. You may see an increase in nusiance weeds or filamentous algae. Most likey this time of year nuisance weeds.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.