Tumbleweeds having provided some serious insight into my perch numbers. I'm trying to extract ribbons in a fashion they can be counted as "one".. Today I ran the structures again and several are about 3' diameter and 4' tall. 2 of those structures today looked like they had been completely wrapped with toilet paper. I have filled 3 4'X4' ribbon cages in hatch tank now. That's half of the area available. Tonight my wife was out looking around while I was doing some fertilizing in 2 of my growouts.. she comes out and says "better come look at this"... I went inside and looked into tank, Millions of perch larva.
I have my H2O2 tank on a scale and I've put in the range of 30-32lbs of ribbons in hatch tank.
Ribbons appear to be about 70-75% fertilized based on white mass left unfertilized. Obviously this is by far the most ribbons I have ever seen by the hundreds. I'm torn between leaving some or pulling them all.. On one side, they feed other species, on the other, not sure it's good to have that many mouths to feed later. Some of those ribbons are 6-8" wide and 5-6' long. If I use our WAE formula to estimate egg numbers, one of those ribbons is well over 350,000 eggs???
If my numbers are even close that's 28 million eggs I've removed so far...?!?!?

Last edited by Snipe; 04/13/22 10:26 PM.