I am new to the forum so apologize if my post or issue has been addressed previously. I have a 1 acre bass pond that has a leak in the drain. There is a culvert through an old railroad grade with a cement elbow attached that makes the drain level approx 3 feet above the culvert. The water is supposed to drain through the top of the cement, into the culvert, life is good, the pond is happy. Unfortunately, water has other plans and is following the outside of the cement, below the drain level, to either a crack in the cement or a leak at the connection point between the elbow and the culvert. I can hear the water running in the tube. I have riprap in front of the drain, but this has been a temporary solution as water goes around and under the riprap, eats away at the dirt next to cement, and when the pond is fulll hits he drain, wash away the dirt and finds the leak. I lost 3 feet of the pond last week. I did not construct the drain, this is my best estimation.
My idea is to throw a bunch of bentonite in the 3 foot pool that has been created next to the drain and put more rocks and riprap in front of it. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or help on a solution!!

Attached Images
Screenshot_20210910-212119_Photos.jpg