I've been lurking on the forum for some time. I'm currently starting my pond building venture and I'm glad to have found this site! I plan to have a 1 acre/ 15 foot deep pond built on a future home site. The sequence that I have in mind are as follows.
1- Hire neighbor (excavation contractor) by the hour to dig deep holes in the location of the future pond site. Please advise on the best method for thes deep holes/ Large X across pond site?
2- My environmental engineering buddy offered to use a transit on the site and put the layout on paper.
3- As we all are, I'm looking for the most "bang for the buck"! I would like to create a pond construction bid sheet and send it to 3 or 4 well known contractors. Included in this list will be the contractor that does the deep holes. I've already discussed the pond with him and he has expressed his dislike for seeing a competitor doing work across the street from his business. I would like to work this angle in my favor and make sure that I'm working with a level playing field. Can someone forward me a sample bid sheet for a template or link me to one on the net? My goal is to leave the contract loose enough to allow minor changes in the construction phase if needed, yet rigid enough to allow the contractors to make a calculated bid on the project. Also, are there any past articles in the Boss that someone could suggest on this topic.
Thanks, Chris