Russ, we started with 100 6" - 9" CC in our 1 acre pond. Last year we removed 36; with other losses I estimate 40 to 50 remain, their weights ranging from 3 to 6 lbs. We have NEVER had any turbidity problems that were not directly attributable to runoff from heavy rainfall. My Secchi depth is usually between 2'6" and 2'9"; I have never measured it to be less than 1'7" (I check it, on average, only every couple of weeks during the growing season).

Note that we have always had a lot lower density of CC than 75 in 1/3 acre.

I guess that CC IN SANE DENSITIES (under say 500/acre) will not cause turbidity problems if they have enough to eat - they only stur up bottom sediments if they are very hungry and have to live on BG mouth-sized invertabrates in the muck. I have always fed my CC (when the water temp was > 60 deg) at least a little. Take a look at some Aquaculture CC reports to see the affects of much denser populations. The commercial catfish farmers really pack 'em in, but they also provide plenty of feed.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]