TJ, knowing the tools that you have on hand, I'd go with the new and warranty option vs. used and take it in to the dealer to get fixed if anything goes bad .......... You got a trailer with a winch to put it on? If it doesn't go and you don't have a winch, how will you get it up and on the trailer? Fuse blows, battery dies, or the winch on the ATV/UTV fails, and it doesn't move under it's own power you need a winch on the trailer or get really good at pushing it up on the trailer.

Firewood and plowing means hooking a trailer to it for the firewood unless it has a dump bed. Definitely a cab with heat (and A/C) for the winter, and if you have a cab, and can't open the windows very far you will bake in the summer. Plus if the skeeters are bad, the cab with A/C will make it a lot more enjoyable to use.

If taking it on the road, check the local regulations on what is required. Here we cannot take an ATV on the road, only a UTV and only if it has all the required safety gear. If it doesn't have turn signals, it better have a window you can stick your arm out to signal.

A plow, for that driveway at the farm will need to be beefy. It's a long driveway, and snow weighs a lot, plus you have to plow it much wider than the road so you have room to put the snow towards the end of winter when the plowed sides get tall.....

I've been out of the ATV/UTV spec game for too long, but when I was looking years ago there was a big discussion on what was more robust, shaft drive or belt drive. My ATV is shaft drive. (2 up Bombardier - the forerunner to the Can-Am).

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).