CityDad, shove it so that it goes where at the edge of the pond? If it is colloidal clay, which I suspect it to be and am going to do the jar test as suggested, it wont settle at the pond edge since the particles repel each other in the water. Aeration does seem like a fantastic idea for both the pond and the fish, but wouldnt that just recirculate it around in the water? Can you elaborate on what it is the aerator will do to clarify the water and remove the particles? Correct me if I am wrong but it seems like it might clear the water within a certain distance directly adjacent to the aerator possibly but doesnt seem like its going to "shove" the particles out of the water and up onto the shore. In my mind as to how suspended charged particles react in a liquid when agitation is added doesnt seem like they would do anything but get churned up, possibly even more than whats already happening between the fish and the wind which would just push the particles back out away from the pond edge and the cycle would repeat, like a washing machine? My goal I guess is to remove the particles causing the problem so that they are no longer a problem, and not sure how pushing them to the edge of the pond would get them out even if that is what would happen. I suppose I could rig up some kind of pump system at the same time to suck water from the edge of the pond and through some kind of a sediment filter with micronic filtration. Seems like that would cost a good deal of money though and would take years before all the murkiness is completely gone.