A Louisiana-ian (spelling -1) who don't know what a chigger is??? Hmmmm. Come see me in Texas and I will show you. They are tiny red mites that live in grass. But quickly relocate to human flesh in order to make you itch. They tend to like to get under tight clothing before taking up residence. I remember an old blackberry picking excursion years ago in which my mother failed to spray herself with Off before wading into the berries and weeds. The next day she was covered in chiggers. She showed me her back. You could see exactly where her bra straps had been, it was now a neat pattern of red bumps, all itching. Her words were, "I know they were all little boy chiggers, from where they decided to bite!" You don't want chiggers.

If you can't find 2% permethrin, I guess you could use gas. Just dip your arms in gas and then go outside and have a cigarette while it evaporates. My point is that permethrin sounds dangerous. Better to use something labeled for humans. Alcohol maybe? That should kill any little guests if used before they burrow in.

Don't really use the gas. Or it will be, "Im just sittin here smoking; but shucks officer, if you had been here sooner, you would have seen me when I was still on fire." (That was for you Condello)

Nick Smith