Originally Posted by RC51
I can tell you this for sure! Your HSB if they are 4 pounds up they are for sure competing with your LMB for BG. I have the same problem. I can catch my HSB fairly quick with a 3 inch BG under a bobber so they may start out feed trained but if you do not continue to feed them large amounts of fish food they will eat your BG no doubt about it. I believe this is another reason why all my bass over 20 inches are having RW problems. I am currently keeping any HSB I catch to somewhat help this issue. Thanks for the good info Anthropic I too am getting tired of trying to have that awesome 6./7/8 pound bass and am starting to think now I will be happy with catching ones up to about 4 pounds and having more fun with it!! LOL

Good point, RC. I stocked 70 HSB two years ago, probably 40 or 50 still alive, very minimal harvest. They go absolutely nuts at the feeders, but I'm sure enjoy BG snacks as well. My buddy caught a 5 plus HSB this evening, which I matched with a similar size LMB. One of those times when the stars aligned so that big fish were landed on light tackle.

Harvested six more LMB this evening. Several giant CNBG caught & released, hard fights on light tackle. Finally decided to drain CNBG packed forage pond into main BOW, as it was unusually cool weather. Hopefully this will help LMB growth a bit.

Bushy pondweed is becoming an issue, as it did last year. Died back last summer when it got scorching hot, hopefully will do the same this year. I'd like to spot treat it without doing much damage to Am Pondweed, if possible.

Last edited by anthropic; 05/28/20 01:04 AM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160