Fish / pond / wildlife related banners would would be good. No dreaded pop-ups. You would have better knowledge than us, but I bet a lot of your forum members have subsequently became subscribers and ordered books. I know I did. Actually, my main purpose in subscribing to the magazine is supporting the forums. If all the magazine articles would be posted on this site in PDF format, I wouldn't even need a printed version. I wouldn't be in favor of a site user fee and think it could be counter productive.

If we expand the discussion a bit, I'd be a total POND BOSS junkie if not for two things. The search feature and lack of activity. Hopefully, a new host might equate to improved search capabilities and picture hosting.

This is a great site and I think you would have LOTS more members if they only knew of this site. I'm not sure how to get more members (some of which would almost certainly buy your books, subscribe, click on sponsor banner ads, etc.). I think the answer may be in POND BOSS buying banner ads on other outdoor forums such as crappie.com (where I learned of this after months of unsuccessful searching with Yahoo for a site just like this) or in linking up with one of those search engines to place your site higher in searches.

I think the contributors should get credit towards banner ads for their posts. Many have significantly helped me and others. I believe it is in the site's best interests to keep them involved, committed, and posting regularly (I miss Lakedoctor's posts; but greatly appreciate those from yourself, Mike, Bill, Greg, Dave, Steve, etc.).

One other way the site could generate more financial benefits is for POND BOSS to act as the broker or middleman for such things as purchase of Hybrid Striped Bass, Grass Shrimp, papershell crayfish, or whatever. Have links where we can order direct from this site. It would either cross link with state regs or have a table so we could know if it was legal to import and then process the order. It could help us wannabe pondmeisters, generate additional sales for vendors, and generate funds for POND BOSS. I'm in the market for grass shrimp, scuds, papershell crayfish, ruby reds, smallmouth bass, hybrid striped bass, and walleye right now.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]