JordyM It is a yes for lilies. I suggest that you start with a few small varieties (spread 2-5ft) of hardy water lilies. They spread slow so don't be afraid to buy several. If you are cautious then buy several dwarf or miniature lilies. All lilies are easily controlled with glysophate.

IMO it is a big NO for the hornwort aka Ceratophyllum dimersum. it can spread way too fast and cause you long term problems in a pond. It is not rooted and comes out easily but grows very fast.

If you want a slower spreading short submerged plant for GA climate then get some short growing spiral eel grass (aka cork screw eelgrass Vallisneria spiralis or V, biawensis) and or dwarf Sagittaria subulata. These plants prefer warmer winter conditions of more southern US. Vallisneria americana grows too tall 4-7ft; I don't suggest it. They spread very slowly so you may want to buy 50-100 of each. I would plant some direct into the pond and some in a shallow basin or tub. As they multiply transplant the clumps into the pond to insure good establishment.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management