Just wanted to drop my introduction since I've been lurking here for a few months. Just bought a property near Saint Jo, Texas that has a little over 1/4 acre pond on it. Been told it's about 18 feet deep, though I haven't verified that yet. It was full of frogs and turtles when I moved in about 6 weeks ago. Old owner said it'd never been stocked.

About 5 weeks ago.... yeah it took a week to get around to it... I threw in 2 1/2 lbs of FHM, 50 3-4" CNBG and 10 5-6" CC. I reckon that was a good start. Will toss in a few HSB this fall to help control the CNBG and then in the Spring a few Tilapia to keep the FA under control.

Those FHM got right to it and saw the first fry on the second week... now seeing about 4 different sizes. Took a while before I saw my first CNBG... That was about 3 weeks after I put em in, but they'd grown quite a bit. Last Sunday was down at the pond and was watching about 8-9 circles appear in the pond bottom about a foot across. Each one had a CNBG circling it. Ain't these guys a bit young to be spawning?

So last night went down with a spotlight to see if I could find a CC... sure nuff, saw on sniffing around one the CNBG circles.

Anyway... First post went a bit long. Gonna try and put some eye candy in here.

Gators... Harry