Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre
Originally Posted By: SetterGuy
I was thinking condensation would build up in the ravine, with no way to get it out. Would the compressor have enough power to blow it out every spring?

I would hate to dig under that size of a ravine and successfully keep the line from washing back out and exposing the line at the bottom. I envision running the air line to the ravine, surfacing and running some steel pipe across the ravine, and then back under ground to the pond. A couple hedge posts on each side configured like the end of a fence at a gate (with the cross brace), along with a cable stretched over the ravine would give you the support. Then. weld some hooks on the steel pipe periodically to catch the cable, fasten the pipe to the fence posts and your set.

Originally Posted By: SetterGuy
Is it ok to “not” run it for a few nights here and there during the summer?

I bet skipping a couple nights every now and again would be fine. I would be concerned to skip more than 3 nights in a row, especially in the heat of the summer. Maybe someone knows how quickly a pond can re-thermocline?

Thanks! Actually I might be able to go with an elevated pipe across the ravine. With that in place, it’s pretty level, to almost a gentle downhill slope running to the pond.
Thanks!
Interesting to know about shutting it off. We do leave electrical on when we are away. I shut off water, but leave elec on. I could probably get by with 2 diffusers on a 1 ac pond. It’s kind of square. Pretty uniform depth throughout.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023