I have narrow leaf arrowhead starting to get a good grip on my banks. They are very prolific in the deep south. Also just invested in 5 sets of hybrid water lillies. They grow in shallow water and dont spread too aggressively. Planted them about a month ago and they are doing really well. If you get really cold winters, you'll have to set them in pots so they can be removed and kept inside, tho. Also have a nice spread of wild Iris. This was the first year they bloomed and seeded out so next year will be interesting to see how well they expand. Would love to have water hyacinth, but that's a recipe for disaster down here.

A word of caution...if you decide to do some transplanting, keep them isolated for a month or so to make sure you're not adding something else that may be piggybacking in the roots. Clean the roots as much as you can without damaging the plant before planting. My Iris has had a few strands of alligator weed trying to grow out of it. I pull up every strand I find. That stuff is very aggressive down here too.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 07/02/19 07:08 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!