Originally Posted By: Mike Whatley
You're going to zip them tight on the rope. They shouldnt spin and that little tag you leave hanging will help grap the scum. I suggested spacing them 2", but you can put them as close as you want. I wouldnt go more than two inches tho. I would think the more you put, the better they'll grab hold of the mass.

Some of the algae will get past it, naturally, but as it starts piling up that mass should start sliding toward the shore you're pushing to. Itll take a couple of passes to get it all.

Spread out a tarp on the ground where you start raking it out and pile it up, then haul it as far away from the pond as you can. You dont want it to wash back in. One of those really wide plastic yard rakes work really well. Just dont overload with times. FA is quite heavy when it's full of water.

Great, thank you for the help. I just ordered all the stuff form amazon and later this week ill try building it out doing the foam and zip ties for about a 50' section that ill tie around in a loop and add a leader to so we can pull from shore. Access to 2/3rds of the shore is difficult so we have to use a boat to get out to most of the pond and we'll use that to lay out the rope around large areas of algea to pull in.

I also checked ebay and sure enough it appears sellers will ship cutrine to me. Im not sure why most pond shops wont because i know a local pond guy uses liquid cutrine.