With a pond that is currently filling up with the abundant rain we been having I stocked the pond with bait fish, GS FHM BG RES, also earlier had added a couple boxes of GS fry from anderson minnow farm, the fry seemed to be extremely lively and soon found them spread in all quadrants of the pond, about 8 acres at this point, growing fast, some of them pretty much an inch long or better in less then a month, but I have seen quite a bit of fry dead and floating at some of the edges on the down wind side, the rest seem to be extremely lively and doing good, not sure if I should be alarmed or not and what would cause that, and whether it will stop or continue on, obviously have quite a bit of money involved at this point. also got tons of new fry around the edges from possibly the other species that I stocked for that reason, which means things are somewhat going as planned but a little worried about the dying ones, any thoughts, I have not done any tests on the water, but its all rain water that started collecting in mid Feb, around 25' in spots.
I have a 4" drain in the bottom of the pond, and if I open it the water that drains has sort of a septic smell, not sure if that might be normal or not.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by gehajake; 06/04/19 02:19 PM.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.