In my older post you may remember that I lost almost all of my adult bg around the first of the year. I bought 200 from american sportfish a few months ago to raise in a cage. I lost about 30 of them and most seemed to have a fungus. One of the larger ones had a fungus on his back when I picked them up. His dorsal fin was basically missing. I called ASF and they said it happens in cooler weather and rom being in the cage. I have raised them in a cage before without any issues. I think they were sick from the hatchery, but that is ok, things happen. The remaining ones are still in the cage and feeding and growing well.

The part about soil floc affecting them, I treated my pond with it and had huge success with stopping the leak. Thanks again tj. I did see some very small bg affected by it, but not enough to worry about. losing a few small bg was well worth it to seal the leak.

My pond hasn't bounced back from the loss of my adult bg. fish feeding is sluggish at the best. I see some adults, but not any monsters like I lost. Feeding is getting better daily and I see some on the bed. I will recover!!!

Scott Hanners