I'll try several things next year. Balloons, strings, etc. It is my understanding that they are migrating through but not sure about that.

I went there yesterday and did a 3 second test throw on the feeder. I counted 425 hits on the feed as the wind blew it away. Obviously, some were the same fish. But, the point is, I could count them. Certainly not a feeding frenzy from a well stocked pond. That's not good. I called Lusk and talked to him.

I'm ordering about 3 or 4 hundred 4 inch bluegills for replacements. I probably had 7 or 8 hybrid stripers and when they take a pellet, you can tell the difference. I saw none of them. May be a couple left.

I was bass light and figured on stocking more this year. I may wait until next year or go ahead and get some. I dang sure don't a fish kill from no predator for the bluegills. And, I'll probably add another dozen 4 inch long HSB's.

West Texas doesn't have otters so they aren't the answer.

Restocking a pond with existing fish is new territory for me. Too many unknowns and there is no way I could get a shock boat anywhere near the pond.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 04/10/19 05:16 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP