I know there are some folks in the public setting that do not agree with what we do in this program, but they also don't understand where those WAE come from that they catch in lakes/res that have no natural reproduction.
At any Rate, we are underway! It is off to an incredibly SLOW start as in the 2 Res impoundments we collect eggs in the west half we have seen only 3 ripe females in an incredibly large compliment of nets. This is the latest start to spawn since 1987, yet water temps are only 1 deg below ave. for March 19.
I will be taking some pics throughout the process and if Admin has no issues, I will post those to try and "show" the story as I tell it.
I will also be an egg-runner on a few days taking eggs direct to hatchery after fertilization and water hardening. On day 6-8 I should be able to capture fry in hatch mode as well.
If Mods/Admin feel this is not relevant, please advise and I will not clutter with this, but I will try to make this as interesting as possible if nobody has opposition to this thread.
I also promise I WILL have my PondBoss shirt ON for all pics :-)

Last edited by Snipe; 03/20/19 12:58 AM.