I got a catalog today from "The Pond Guy" and they are selling a blue heron decoy. It got me to thinking. I've always had a few herons here and there, but since the diving water-turkey arrived the last several weeks no herons walking the shoreline. Ummm is there a connection of divng water turkey being there and not seeing any heron?

Weekend before last I started putting up the reflective tape and then a lot more reflective tape yesterday morning.

The reflective tape appears to be about 85% effective against the diving water turkey thus far....who knows how long that will last.

Since the reflective tape ran off the water turkey I saw a heron or two were back walking the shore yesterday.

Is there a connection?

Do herons and water turkey not get along and dont like sharing the same pond?

I would much rather have the heron pacing the shore picking off a few minnows, frogs, snakes, and small fish vs the diving water turkey having their way under water of the entire pond.

"Herons are very territorial birds; when the decoy is placed near a pond, other herons will avoid conflict and find a different feeding spot! The Pond Guy® Blue Heron Decoy deters problematic herons from visiting your pond and doubles as a realistic blue heron pond decoration. The Blue Heron Decoy should be moved regularly for best fish pond protection results. It is constructed of durable injection molded plastic and includes detachable legs and a mounting stake".

https://www.thepondguy.com/product/the-pond-guy-blue-heron-decoy

Fishing has never been about the fish....