In my case the Crawdads were stored in the grocery store seafood walk-in. Not all were alive but most were. I dumped them at the shore and tossed them in the pond. Some scooted out, many raised their claws and ran for dry land, ready to do battle. My dog engaged a few. After an hour or so they had disappeared. Vultures picked up the dead ones.

I stocked prior to the LMB. RSC are native here and will eventually populate the pond, I wanted to give them a head start to get established before LMB could devastate them. I have a clay bottom and lots of submerged trees plus piles of rocks for habitat.

I didn't see them after they were stocked until about a month ago. Holes and chimneys are common so they are successfully established and breeding. RSC have lots and lots of kids and lots and lots of predators.

I would NOT purchase them to feed your LMB directly. It is not cost effective. Like stocking FHM after LMB are established. Get a better ROI with a good fish food.

4 acre pond 32 ft deep within East Texas (Livingston) timber ranch. Filled (to the top of an almost finished dam) by Hurricane Harvey 9/17. Stocked with FHM, CNBG, RES 10/17. Added 35lbs RSC 3/18. 400 N LMB fingerlings 6/18