Originally Posted By: John Fitzgerald
We couldn't get R70 in our attic if we filled it up completely to the peaks with cellulose. R35 in the walls? How? 8-inches of foam?

All exterior wall in Ontario have to be 2X6 deep with R25 batts and 2"s of foam on the outside of the walls. Then they are wrapped with typar. Every hole that passes through the exterior wall needs to be on the house plan. If there is a hole put through the wall after the home is bricked that is not on the plan they will make you take the brick off to show them it is sealed properly.

If you do not want the 2"s of foam on the out side of the wall they are framing the outside walls with 2X8. Yest jamb extensions are getting big up here.

Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
If I recall correctly, well water typically has a temp of around 62-67*f, so it would definitely help warm your pond.

Ground temp is 55*F. I know this because all gas and diesel tanks that are in ground are calibrated to a 55*F temp so you get the correct amount of fuel you pay for at the pump.

So the gas/diesel tanks say from Tennessee and on south have a different calibration for ground temps of 68, 70, 72deg F, etc as you go south?

When I worked for shell oil we were trained to 55F. Here still to this day when I change the water in my hot tub and first start it up. It reads 55F right out of the ground.

I do find it very interesting that the metered temp is different. I never took that at university when I was taking my petro chemical engineering.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.