Thank you very much Bill, Correct = FHM, a some others called them Bullheads which I got concerned about as I did not want bullhead catfish. I had to go back to the folks at Fenders and get the actual name of the minnow they sold me. FHM.

My ponds have beaver feed stations, trees that have fallen in, cypress with the and submerged vegetation. two of the ponds more then others. I'm not going to pellet feed "many" reasons so I'm trying to plumb the knowledge and experience base and base the forage increase on the best, i.e., highest return for $, and longest lasting specie(s).

From what I've learned and read it appears my investment route of FHM might not be the best bet... Rex certainly was not a fan in my conversation with him.

What amount per acre and when is the prime stocking time in Mid-Ohio for adult golden shiners? Also would anyone have a distributor / hatchery for GS? My experience with shiners is they are very O2 Fragile and don't travel well (bait) ...

Thanks and I'll try and get some more pics of the ponds up soon.

Merry Christmas to all - I am extremely glad to have found this site and the good dialogue on-going.

8 Ponds in Mid-East Ohio, three streams that merge to 1.

Fishbowl Pond - 1.5 acre, family swimming hole, 22'
Figure 8 Pond - 1.25 acre, 12'
Crescent Pond - 2 acre 11'