The bobber is 1" from end to end of the spring button. I guessed the length at 6". No idea at how old it could be, but the pond was dug 2 years ago, so no older than that. I caught a couple 2" WM in a trap back in the spring and have transplanted three that were 6"+ from local water this year.

Strange thing is, the very first fish I caught that day (didn't photogragh) had all the body characteristics of Warmouth, red eyes and all, but had BG coloration. I thought it pretty weird considering my water isn't turbid at all. It was at least 6" as well. I've handled enough GSF, BG, and WM to tell the difference now, but these two fish caught me off guard completely.

Im kinda stoked!! Guess I'm gonna have to keep my eyes out for more of these hybrids. This little puddle is starting to impress me as to it's capabilities.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 10/03/18 03:35 PM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!