I had an Echo gas pole saw for a few years and certainly got a lot of use out of it, but replaced it with a Stihl when the echo started needing yearly repairs. I don't have patience for small engine repairs for some reason.

The Sun Joe saw appears to be in the ballpark price range with others in it's class and I would consider that it pays for itself within 5 to 10 hours of run time. If it can't last 10 hours without needing repairs or breaking down, I would have just as soon paid someone to do the job for me and sat in the shade.

I would think that this type of saw is for home/yard owners where an hour or so a year is all that it gets used OR an inexpensive one time use/large project tool. Kind of like some of the cheaper Harbor Freight tools, if they last past the first job then they did their job and any use afterwards is a bonus.

I have to say that if I had to lug the generator around to do the trimming, I would have to really consider buying a gas unit especially If the job is big.

I can tell you that just ONE hour of using the saw to trim limbs and such will produce many, many hours of picking-up, hauling, piling, and burning the brush. Amazing tools!

Fish on!,
Noel