Originally Posted By: Mfitzs70
Congrats on the purchase..also be careful. Sharing a pond can be a slippery slope. You may have your plan on what should be in it they may have others. Or their good old uncle Joey might catch a bunch of "bluegill" and think he's doing a favor and dump them in. Turns out they weren't what he thought they were. Neighbors come and go so it can change at any moment. That being said fishing and trapping should get you started to figuring out what's in there. Whats the depth..is there fish structure...is it aerated? Just preparing you for the questions you'll be asked. Good luck

Ya that was something the wife and I discussed when we were deciding if we wanted this place, having a place that you have to share the water means you share the water and may not agree. At the end of the day the rest of the house and the pond were what we wanted.

We don't know the depth, the plan was to take my daughters kayak and the little bass buster boat eh is leaving me and go around and measure the depth all over the pond and map it out. Dont' know how I can figure out the structure but I was thinking depending on the depth and drop offs maybe putting some artificial pvc trees in a couple spots. A friend has a ton of brick left over from when they built his house and wants it gone, can you break them up and use them for a rocky like shore for spawning bass?

No aeration right now, that is a long term project along with building a dock.