The third fish does look significantly different. And yes there is the possibility of a three way mutt.

I suppose the differenf look could just be natural variance of the cross (not all individuals look exactly alike) or a different cross alltogether. I have ran across several that do look similar to the third fish. He is larger than the others so I suppose size/age could make a difference also.

I did stock CNBG and RES in my sediment pond with a few accidental GSF in there to make all the hybrids. So CNBG parentage is possible.

I like the looks of the fish. They tend to be pellet hogs, grow fast, bite a hook well and fillet out nice.

It might seem like I have an excess amount of hybrids and based on yesterday's fishing would support that (tougher to get fish to bite than the day before). But I would estimate, based on what I see at feeding time, GSF and hybrids probably comprise no more than 5% of my forage fish BG type population. I catch lots more BG than hybrids. The hybrids are just something different so I am kind of fascinated with them.

Last edited by snrub; 08/27/18 12:52 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine